Blogger's Quilt Festival - Spring 2010







I decided to enter The Bloggers Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side with my first major quilting project...


The Wish Quilt



The pattern is by Bronwyn Hayes and was in an Australian magazine over 3 issues. It was a huge quilt to take on after only ever having made a table runner before this. The embroidery took the longest but it was very enjoyable to sit and stitch in the evenings after the kids had gone to bed.





It includes embroidered blocks, raw edge applique and needle turn applique. It is hand quilted around the various stars, applique's and embroidered blocks. It includes the names of the members of my family and the family names of those nearest and dearest.




This will be a quilt that (I hope) will be passed down to my grandchildren and theirs...

12 comments

  1. fascinatingly wonderful quilt!! i love it--and love the family memory of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is gorgeous and the quilt is pretty.
    I enjoyed my visit to the rest of your blog and will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and you have done a wonderful job. Not only is the embroidery well done, but so is your appliqué. Congrats on a terrific quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great quilt - so much so see and enjoy about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first? No waaay!
    Fantastic - well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. I positively love the embroidery. It's beautiful, and I agree, you did a fantastic job for your first big quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Wow! Your first quilt? I would definitely see this handed down throughout your family...the only concern would be is who would be the one to have it? All your future grandchildren would want it!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (I finally have some free time so am trying to get to more amazing Quilt Festival posts!... so happy to see yours. I would love to have you pop over to my place. And if you get a chance, please let me know by leaving a comment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt, terrific embroidery. I've had fun looking at your blog and I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i posted before, but came across your site again--love it all over again!! you did such a nice job. thanks for sharing. come visit me if you get a chance: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a gorgeous quilt! Thanks so much for sharing, and thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I was browsing around your blog and you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I truly appreciate the time you've taken to leave me a message. I will attempt to answer comments via email.